Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Bigger Picture

The demands of this World we live in are sometimes so overwhelming that we forget the bigger picture. I know for myself, the demands of being a Mother of two and a wife can almost feel endless and draining. I keep asking myself, "Why do I feel so beaten down? So not in sync with every other Mother and Wife out there?"
  Well let's get down to the truth. Everywhere we look there are Articles telling us, "What NOT to do with young kids", "How to Remain Calm", "What to wear to get his attention". So MANY things that tell us how to behave and we fall into it. If your anything like me then reading those Articles can make you feel inadequate and pretty terrible about your mothering skills and leave you wondering if your husband is bored with you. I often look at the comments wondering if I'm the only one who feels completely disconnected?
   Let's not forget that as Woman we have a target on our backs that make us feel like we have to look a certain way, act a certain way, hide those flaws and by no means do we ever need to admit our struggles. It can be difficult.
  However, you know what's even harder? Trying my hardest to follow Christ through it all. I have days and moments that I compare myself to everyone and get discouraged in who I am and what I bring to the Table. You know those whispers that confuse you? The ones that say, "Your not good enough?" or "You shouldn't even try!" I hate those.
  I have to remind myself daily that the truth is not in social media or in those Articles or in other people. The truth my friends, is in the Word of God. Our worth is in Christ. So for some encouragement to anyone that feels like I do at times I will leave you with the Truth we can all rest on:

 Matthew 10:31 (Our Worth)
 "Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows"

Psalm 46:1 (Needing Help)
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble"

Matthew 7:7 (Asking for Help)
 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you"

Romans 8:38-39 (God's Love For Us)
 "I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither Death nor Life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow- not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below--indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord"

Ps 62:1-2 (Resting in Him)
 "I am at rest In God alone;
My salvation comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
 my stronghold; I will never be shaken"

 Always remember that no amount of our self worth as Mothers or Wives falls into the hands of anyone other than our Creator himself! He loves us and when we get discouraged, lets rest in him and allow him to clear our minds and remind us of who he created us to be.
We all fall, but through prayer and truly seeking the Lord he will pick us up and dust us off.
    -Jennifer Collins-

No comments:

Post a Comment